How you can help us
– We are looking for new members to join the community. Are you or do you know someone that might be interested? Please share this page with them: join.
– Do you have unwanted items that might be of use to us? You can check this page if it is on our wishlist. Or contact us.
– We are looking for some volunteers residential or locals, with the usual growing, sowing, soil regeneration, garden and mulching and any other permaculture farming skills or desires to learn them… To come and help us on the location, but also people to help us remotely.
More specifically we need:
… painters, artists, WordPress website builders, community builders, dry stane dykers, cooks, designers, sponsors, new members, joiners, kayaks, welders, scuba divers, cliff climbers, handy people, musicians, video makers…
We have some more specialised projects on the go: Natural building projects, Woodwork, Geodesic dome construction, polytunnel construction, aquaponics construction, canvas sowing, plumbing, 12V electrical systems, …
We will always make sure that there is a fair balance between learning, work and play and if you are wwoofing, with food and accommodation.
– 12V electrical systems: We are installing a 12V system in our house. Pretty complicated, but very exciting! We need someone who is comfortable with electrics and or able to self learn enough to install it, with our help.
– We are erecting our polytunnel. We can do with some help!
– We are looking for some people willing to mine some rocks from our quarry and repair the track.
– Woodwork: We need someone willing to build us a shower block.
– We want to construct our geodesic dome. It is nearly ready, it will take a fews days of sewing the remaining of the canvas. Experience with sowing machines is helpful. Two people to do this together will help.
The amount of beds are limited, so if you are willing to stay in a tent that makes it easier to be able to come and stay with us, but we do have some spaces indoors available.
Please take into account that we cannot accepted families with children as volunteers and that, if you want to stay here, we have a minimum stay of 14 days. No pets. Sorry. Please have a look at either of the following pages for more information:
You can find us on WWOOF here
You can find us on WORKAWAY here
What to bring:
The Isle of Skye is on the West coast of Scotland. This means it can get very wet and sometimes very windy. Bring good shoes, wellies, raincoat and waterproof clothing. Other useful things are camping gear if you would like to explore nature in that way. A torch, computer things, musical instruments, binoculars,…
If you are able to, bring your own bedding. (We do have spare ones if you need it)
Please remember to check the visiting guidelines in regards to food, pets, alcohol and drugs etc, before turning up on our doorstep.
Where are we?
You can find out how to get to us on the Contact page. Please try not to fly.