Please read the following to learn more about how we collect, store, use and may disclose information about you.
What information do Earth Ways and Rubha Phoil collect?
Information you provide to us:
When you use our websites we collect the personal information that you provide to us, for example your name, your email address, your telephone number, your organisation or company name, as well as other contact or other information via our online forms for enquiries, membership sign-up, newsletter sign-up and events registration, the information you put on your profile in our Virtual Village, the information you share in that village, including in closed groups, as well as in private groups and messages. We and trusted moderators we appoint to that task, are able to access all information and will access such information to investigate possible complaints and will contact public authorities such as the Police or security services if legally required to do so. Under certain circumstances we may be required to disclose your Personal Information in response to valid requests by public authorities such as the Police or security services.
We do NOT collect nor story your payment information like card details or payment paswords. We use Stripe and Paypal for these services.
If you SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE AT RUBHA PHOIL with us, we commit to keeping that information private and personal. We may ask your permission to publish it, and we will offer to enter into a formal agreement. We will accept a no for an answer and we will not pressure you.
When you do a financial transaction with us, we, legally, need to keep the information that you provide to us for a minimum of 6 years.
Information we automatically collect
When you use our website we collect information via cookies and other similar technologies which may include saving cookies to users’ computers. We collect certain information related to your device such as your device’s IP address, referring website, what pages your device visited, and the time that your device visited our website.
How we use the information:
- We use the information we collect to support our work in delivering our aims. This includes:
- to set up a contact record in our Customer Relations Management system (address book);
- to provide, operate and maintain the services we offer;
- to process and complete transactions and send related information including transaction confirmations and invoices;
- to manage the use of the services by our members, collaborators, and customers i.e. respond to enquiries and comments and provide service and support;
- to investigate and prevent fraudulent activities, unauthorised access to the services, and other illegal activities;
- for any other purposes about which we notify members, collaborators, and customers.
- We use the information we collect via our website:
- for administration and reporting purposes including (but not limited to) troubleshooting, performance analysis, statistical analysis and testing;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to analyse customers use of our website for trend monitoring and marketing purposes; for the purposes made clear to you at the time you submit your information – for example, to fulfill your request for information on our products and services;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure.
- We may also use the information you send to us via our website and/or services, to communicate with you via email and possibly other means regarding products, services, offers, promotions and events we think may be of interest to you or to send you our newsletter. You will always be able to opt-out of such communications at any time (see the “What choices do I have” section below).
- If you give us verbal or written or tick box permission or if you register for our Ebulletin, we may send you non-promotional service related communications and an occasional marketing email about and from Rubha Phoil and or Earth Ways. We use a third party provider: MailChimp, to deliver our e-newsletters. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see Mailchimp’s privacy notice.
- Social media:
- Web analytics:
We use Google Analytics to analyse our web traffic. For more information, please see Google’s privacy notice .
- In person on the rock called Rubha Phoil
- We have CCTV installed on Rubha Phoil. Adequate signage is provided as is legally required. We follow the strict guidance of the law. You have the right to ask to see any CCTV we have on you. We don’t store any footage other than for crime prevention and will delete any footage automatically within the legally required timespan of 31 days and on simple request.
- We also have wild life tracking camera’s in our wildlife zones. We only use them in the area’s where you would be breaching the Scottish outdoor access code if you’d be in there. And you [homo sapiens] can’t really claim to be wild legally, so your privacy isn’t really protected.
How we share and disclose the information to third parties
We do not sell your Personal Information to anyone under any circumstances.
We share your information only in this way:
- Under certain circumstances we may be required to disclose your Personal Information in response to valid requests by public authorities such as the Police or security services.
- For our Legitimate Mutual Interests: “Legitimate Interests” means the interests of Earth Ways and Rubha Phoil in conducting and managing our work in delivering our aims to enable us to give you the best service/products and the best and most secure experience. For example, we have an interest in making sure our communication is relevant for you, so we may process your information to send you communications that are tailored to your interests. It can also apply to processing that is in your interests as well. For example, we may process your information to protect you against fraud when transacting on our website, and to ensure our websites and systems are secure. When we process your personal information for our legitimate interests, we make sure to consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative), and your rights under data protection laws. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests – we will not use your Personal Data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
If you have any concerns, you have the right to object to us processing your personal information.
Is personal information about me secure?
We use appropriate technical, organisational and administrative security measures to protect any information we hold from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Unfortunately, no company or service can guarantee complete security. Unauthorised entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time.
What choices do I have?
You have rights under data protection laws in relation to the personal information we hold and are using about you. This includes asking for a copy of the information we hold about you, having any inaccurate information we hold about you corrected, to request that we stop using your personal information in a particular way or to ask us to delete your data.
You can always opt not to disclose information to us. You can opt-out of receiving promotional or marketing communications from us at any time by updating preferences on your member’s profile or via the unsubscribe link in the email communication we send, or by contacting us and simply asking us to do so.
Do you collect information on Children?
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to register for any of our services or send any Personal Information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us Personal Information please contact us.
Questions about this policy
What if I have a complaint?
If you want to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office which oversees data protection law – www.ico.org.uk/concerns.
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 25th DEC 2020.